So here it is. I am as simple as can be when it comes to drinks. A good quality straight up is how I like mine. Some over ice, and the wine if white needs to be properly chilled, and depending on the red, the temperature varies.
However, I do like to offer my guests the option of a cocktail or two. Once in a while I also indulge. So as the season of merry making is upon us, I thought I would mention a few of my favourite two-ingredient cocktails. Simple to make, just add ice and a twist of citrus.
1. The Whiskey-Ginger: Two shots of good whiskey, ginger ale. Garnish with a lemon twist.
2. Vodka/Gin Tonic: One-Two shots of Vodka/Gin, add tonic water. Garnish with a lime.
3. Campari and Soda: One-Two shots of the delightfully bittersweet Campari, add seltzer or soda. I personally like to use San Pellagrino. Garnish with an orange slice.
4. The Beton: One-Two shots of Becherovka (a bittersweet Czech liqueur concocted of various herbs and spices) add tonic water and garnish with a lemon wedge.
5. Cassis and Champagne: Half a shot of sweet Cassis liqueur and fill the rest of the flute up with champagne. Festive and delicious.
Don't forget to toast to the occasion. -tM